- Leg I : Departs San Diego on NOAA R/V David Starr Jordan 0800 24 Mar 2008. Returns to San Diego 9 Apr 2008. Sixty-six standard and 9 SCCOOS stations are scheduled for Leg 1.
- Leg 2 : Departs San Diego on NOAA R/V David Starr Jordan 0800 11 Apr 2008. Returns to San Diego 1 May 2008. Trawling and CUFES surveying to Pt Conception then CUFES and station work northward to Line 60 (San Francisco).
- Number of participants: Leg 1: 14 scientists, technicians & volunteers; Leg 2: 10 scientists, technicians
|CTD Sensors||Bottle Samples|
Proposed station work:
- 500m Seabird CTD/24 10L bottle rosette cast (depth permitting)
- 100m Pairovet vertical net tow (coastal stations only - out to sta 70)
- 210m Bongo net tow - all stations
- MANTA neuston net tow - all stations
- CUFES - continuous underway fish egg system
- Leg 1: PRPOOS vertical net tow - Lines 80, 90, coastal stas on lines 86.7, 83.3,
- ADCP - Dr. Teresa K. Chereskin
- SCIMS - shipboard continuous integrated measurement system; continuous surface and meterological measurements
- Leg 1: Daily primary productivity C14-uptake incubation experiments.
- Leg 1: Bird & marine mammal observations and acoustic recording
Leg 1: Ancillary LTER water samples - size fractionations, slides
- Leg 2: Mid-water Trawls
Dave Griffith (Chief Scientist), NMFS for additional information or request for participation.
Please check the NOAA David Starr Jordan web site for EXACT cruise dates.